Spring, Summer & Fall Fun
For vacationers and family gatherings, Stump Sprouts provides the perfect base for visiting local attractions and enjoying the great outdoors. Without going anywhere at all, you can enjoy a variety of wooden games in the rec room over at the barn, enjoy a walk on the land. We maintain a 2 mile hiking trail to the viewpoint at the top of Lone Boulder Hill and another shorter mowed loop around the meadow. Or you can simply relax on the patio and enjoy the view.
If you wish to venture further afield, we are more than happy to assist you with planning day trips of all sorts. Here are a few of the possibilities:
Biking & Hiking:
- Mount Greylock
- Mountain biking opportunities abound locally. There are 50 miles of single track now accessible within 10 miles of here. There are many gravel dirt roads, too. Check out www.facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
- Scenic, lightly traveled back roads, excellent for road biking. We are active cylclists ourselves and can help you plan routes.
- Numerous local state forests - we can provide information on trail conditions, level of difficulty, etc.
- For thrill seekers, Thunder Mountain Downhill Mountain Bike Park
Zip Lines/Canopy Tours
Two great possibilities 10 minutes from here in Charlemont:
Visiting Country Villages:
Fun in the Water:
- Whitewater Rafting. We're minutes from the Deerfield River, one of the world's best rafting areas! Zoar Outdoor and Crab Apple Whitewater offer guided tours. We can build custom meal packages that will accommodate your scheduled trip.
- Swimming. We’ll point you towards our favorite spots at nearby state parks and town beaches.
- Kayaking & canoeing along the Deerfield or Connecticut Rivers.
- Mass. Museum of Contemporary Art
- Clark Institute of Art
- Smith College Museum of Art
- Williams College Museum of Art
- A half-dozen summer theater venues within an hour's drive, too!